“The mainstream media disconnect has created a vacuum where Americans are left thirsting for straightforward and honest commentary about the real America they see every day.” Gavin McInnes, Canadian commentator
What is missing is not straightforward or even honest commentary, what is missing is “knowledgeable” and “serious” commentary. One can be ignorant but straightforward about it.
The American people are now between a rock and a hard place. There is no place to go; there is no one in charge; a collective 911 gets no response; the wise and experienced seem not to exist; and frankly, my dear, even if they existed, they seem not to give a damn.
The world of credible American authority has simply vanished.
- A teenage girl is beaten senseless at a public school, is mocked when footage of the beatdown is posted on social media, and as a result, she commits suicide. The Superintendent of the school system announces to heartbroken parents in the school gym that he sees no problem with violence in the public schools he supervises.
- A train hauling extremely dangerous chemicals is derailed in a small town. No National Transportation Safety Board is called in to investigate. The railroad simply sets the chemicals on fire, sending a carcinogenic plume high into the sky to be dispersed over hundreds of miles and many states, and, in addition, allows deadly fluids into the interstate water supply. No one responsible shows up to a public meeting to answer questions and propose solutions.
- The Chinese Communist Party sends a slow-moving spy balloon from China to the United States through Alaska and Canada. Our military either does not spot it or does not care that it has entered our sovereign air space. The Canadian Prime Minister is either not notified or is indifferent. The American commander-in-chief allows the balloon to spy at will and removes it only after it has collected all the information it is capable of collecting.
The world of credible American decency has simply vanished.
- Whales are dying and washing up on beaches along the east coast. No one is stopping the off-shore wind farm surveys that are causing these deaths. There is no oversight to these surveys; there are no environmental groups forcing a review; there are just faceless bureaucrats issuing “incidental harassment” of endangered species permits to satisfy ideologues waging a war on fossil fuels.
- At a music awards show on national television a half-naked, grossly overweight male dancer performed lewd sex acts with multiple women and elevated urination to an acceptable erotic act. The sponsor of this performance was Pfizer Pharmaceuticals – the very corporation that has hidden studies that show health risk and possible death to the young and healthy who take their experimental vaccines.
- An investigative reporter filmed a shallow pit in Africa filled with squatting adults and children mining for those rare minerals needed for the batteries in electric cars. The dangerous mineral dust covers the children’s faces and hands as they dig in the blazing sun. Their deaths will go unnoticed.
The world of credible American competency has simply vanished.
- Mexican/Chinese drug cartels are manufacturing the deadly Fentanyl in the United States without opposition. Fentanyl poisoning is now the leading killer of the young and is sold openly on social media sites. The United States military, Department of Health and Human Services, FBI, Public Health Services, National Guard, state police, armed units of federal, state, and local bureaucracies, State Department, Department of Defense, and Special Forces of the United States are unable to take out drug cartel manufacturing, distribution, and assassination squads now operating in America.
- The United States refuses to secure its borders. There is no federal law, including asylum law, that permits unvetted immigrants to enter the United States.
- The United States Air Force, under direct orders, shot down a toy balloon using two missiles. The first missile missed its target.
The real, unreported America, seen every day is incompetent, indecent, and without principled strength in many of its public servants and in many of its corporations. We the People are squeezed between the rock of corruption and the hard place of arrogance.
Fortunately, our Founders were both knowledgeable and serious. They predicted, in time, that what is happening would happen to our country. They knew that human beings tend to faction; they knew that governments tend to tyrannize; they knew that the depraved, wicked, and foolish might be elected or appointed to positions of supreme power and do great harm to the people of the United States.
Our Founders had the solution for us.
First, common sense. “The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army. They may be led astray for a moment, but will soon correct themselves.” Thomas Jefferson
Second, personal virtue. “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.” Benjamin Franklin
Third, faith. “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . [W]here is the security. . .if the sense of moral and religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice?” George Washington
These traits of the good and decent, along with a governance structure that places real power at the local level (the United States Constitution), give us the tools we need to extricate ourselves from between a rock and a hard place. Begin by moving your person toward an enlightened life. Take care that your family comes with you. Slay wickedness where you live – in your school, your town, your county, and your state.
Make your authority known, your decency real, and your competency earned. In fighting the British during the American Revolution, we were seen by the world as ragtag buffoons, matched up against the greatest naval and military power on the planet.
It was a hard battle then – a harder battle now – as WE are the rock and WE are the hard place.